Popular posts

måndag 29 augusti 2016

RIP Gene Wilder

So another dearly loved and cherished actor gone - Gene Wilder!
This beaming, dancing, smiling and widehearted man, died today at the age of 83 in his home in Stamford.  
Gene Wilder , or Jerome Silberman that was his name from birth, is one of my very dearest childhood crushes. I loved him in The Producers and
it was  in Mel Brooks films I really understood the greatness of this man.
He was wellknown to use every inch of space to bring joy. His greatest fear was that there would be less laughter and smiling in the world.
God gave him so much, and he gave it back , to us! I wonder if he knew he was blessed?

I'll add something from a favourite of ours; Frisco Kid, also starring another teenage crush, Harrison Ford. Blazing Saddles is another favourite, Young Frankenstein, but he also played Willy Wonka, a performance I have yet to experience.
I know, I don't normally do this kind of posts but I did warn you a while ago - I am a true cineast!!


3 kommentarer:

  1. I agree! He was an amazing actor! Good-bye Gene! Your light brightened the world.

    Linda

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. yes, that is very true!!! Glad that you shared my appreciation for him.

      Radera
  2. So glad to know you're a Gene Wilder fan too. He has been one of my favourites for many years and I really loved him as the Waco Kid in Blazing Saddles. :) How wonderful to have brought so much pleasure to so many people.

    SvaraRadera